Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A little blessing from God




Well the neatest thing happened this weekend. We went to P,cola for Scott to do some fishing with Daddy. We stayed with Mother, Daddy and Memaw. Well true to Memaw's nature she and Aunt Jane went garage sale shopping. I told them if they found anything "ladybug" to let me know. Well next thing I know Aunt Jane is coming through the door hauling an armful of things. The first thing I see is a ladybug lamp and then an area rug with ladybugs on it. She proceeds to pull out a whole nursery of the cutest ladybug pattern I have ever seen. She then tells us that they found it at a yard sale and the lady had $75 on it all (which would have been a steal). Well Memaw decides to haggle for a lower price. She puts Jane up to ask the lady if she'll take less. So Aunt Jane proceeds to tell the lady that we were adopting from China and wanted to do our nursery in a ladybug theme and would she take $5 for it all. The lady smiles and says "Absolutely, my husband and I adopted our daughter from China and this was her nursery" ISN'T THAT COOL!! Well needless to say I had tears in my eyes. She also gave us her name and email and said she would be happy to talk to us. SUCH A GOD MOMENT. I'm going to attempt to attach pictures of the nursery. It isn't totally complete but you can get a view of the adorable pattern. ENJOY.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott and Shelley,
This site is so cute. I am so glad you have done this so we can stay up to date with everything going on. I can't wait to see the blog titled "Anna's home!" I will keep praying and keep reading. I love you both. Lorrie

Anonymous said...

The room looks so sweet! I know you will continue to add more ladybugs so keep posting more pics.
God is so good to give you His own special "little touches" along the way to keep you encouraged. I love you both.

Love and prayers,
Anna's Nana

Anonymous said...

Scott and Shelley,
This is the greatest Blog I have ever seen! Y'all did a great job, we feel like we were almost in the room looking at the cute Lady bug things. This will be an exciting way that we can all keep up and feel a part of the wonderful journey to bring Anna home.
We love you both,
Anna's Grenny and Papaw

Anonymous said...

Shelley,
The room looks really cute. So glad we found this for you. I know Anna will love it. And I hope she gets to see it very soon.

Love,
Mema

Anonymous said...

My name is Pam Cassreino and my family and I live in Madison, MS. I am sitting here bawling over your website. I am so moved by it, especially the part about your mom buying the nursery set from the lady who also has a Chinese daughter. I read it to my husband. We have 2 precious treasures from China. Camryn, our daughter will be 4 in April and Matthew, our son will be 2 in March. May God bless you on your journey. There's something special about your first child- savor it. Don't get me wrong, Matthew's journey was just as special. Anna is simply beautiful!! Keep in touch on MCAF.
Pam Cassreino