Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our anniversary trip

This is us in the train station waiting to go-it took a million pictures for us to get a decent one.
This white tiger was in the "Asia Domain" of the zoo
The gorilla was a real show off
Posing with the elephants
Who is taller - Scott or the giraffes?
Scott in the train terminal, can you tell he is tired of me taking pictures :) ?
The two of us in front of Jackson Square
Cafe Du Monde-need I say more?
Man are they good even in 100 degree weather
The happy couple celebrating 5 years

We had a great time in New Orleans. We ate a lot of beignets at Cafe du Monde, went swimming in the hotel pool, visited the New Orleans Zoo and walked about a million miles. I have attached some pictures of our trip. We took the train down to New Orleans and thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend taking Amtracks to your next destination. We took a lot of pictures at the Zoo. We really enjoyed the zoo except that about five minutes after being there I stepped on a rusty nail. I was wearing flip flops (I know not too smart) and stepped right on it piercing my big toe. Luckily it didn't go too far in. It hurt a little but I was determined to keep looking since we had just gotten there. After we left the zoo, we got some first aid products and this past Monday, I went and got a tetanus shot. So I think I'll survive :). Anyway hope you enjoyed the pictures. We go to the beach next week with the family. We are really looking forward to it. I'll post pictures when we get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling,

I wanted to tell you how much I love you and what a wonderful wife you are. I had a great time with you in New Orleans.
Love You