Thursday, November 13, 2008

Here she is

Our beautiful baby girl
Here she is saying "Mom I need a manicure and a pedicure":)

Well everyone ....we have our LOA so we can show her picture. Scott came to work today and surprised me. I thought that he was telling me his granddaddy has passed but he wasn't crying; so then I thought that we got an update. We had asked Monday for an update on her size, if she has had the surgery for her lip etc. Bethany told us that they would get us an update but that it would take a couple of days. So when I saw Scott smiling I asked "Did we get an update?" and he said, "Well we got an update" and I said "Don't tell me we got our LOA?" and he said we did and well then there was much celebration. We are so thrilled that we are officially approved by China to adopt our beautiful daughter.

We are hoping that we will travel by New Years. There isn't enough time to travel by Christmas because there is a group leaving in two and half weeks and we won't be able to get our LOA back and get our travel approval. But we should be able to travel right after Christmas hopefully. It'll depend if there is a Consulate Appointment available. So please pray that we are able to travel by the end of December and early January.

Two happy parents!!!

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Congratulations on your LOA!! I've been watching your progress on the Bethany forum and I am so happy for you. We also adopted a SN child and I remember how hard the wait was between PA and LOA. May your TA and CA come quickly. She's absolutely beautiful. Best wishes.

The Hill Family said...

I am so thrilled that we are going to finally get to meet our little niece! I just can't wait! I'm soooooooo excited!!! Love and miss you!