Friday, August 19, 2011

Waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel




Man it feels like things are only getting worse. I was hoping when I wrote my last post that the next time I posted it would happy and cheery and all about "life is good" but that just isn't the case right now. It feels like we are being attacked on just about all sides. We never make New Year's resolutions but for some odd reason this year we did. It was to get some debt paid off and use more of what God has given us financially toward His kingdom. Let me just tell you now satan has tried all year to throw that resolution off course. It is so frustrating when every time you turn around something else is hitting you upside the head.

A couple of weeks ago there was some hope that things were about to change and change quickly for the good but unfortunately that didn't pan out. Very frustrating when you have been praying for release from some hard and very bad situations but then it doesn't happen. I know God is good and I know Jeremiah 29:11. It seems like so many well meaning Christians are quick to quote that verse ("I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you.....") when you talk about struggle and hard times. But the truth that many "well meaning" Christians forget or just don't want to mention is that the bible also promises "In this world you will have troubles".....many many troubles. I know our troubles could get a lot worse and we aren't promised that they won't. It is what do you do in the midst of those troubles that really counts. Me....I'm crying out to the Lord A LOT!!! It is all I can do right now. Many people would want you to put a smile on your face and "fake" happiness. I don't think that is what the Lord wants. He wants us to be honest with one another and encourage one another and lift one another up in prayer and if we are "fake happy" all the time, how can we truly do that.

So right now I cry out and wait on the Lord........that is what my faith and scripture tell me to do. I'm waiting for that light at the end of this very very long tunnel.


1 comment:

Kevin and Michele said...

What a beautiful girl!! Can't believe how grown up she's getting! Hoping for many blessings to come your way!