Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bad blogger...so much so little time

The party is never over with this girl
Our new puppy---Cooper
Anna's reaction to the dog
"How old are you, Anna?"
Party, Party, Party


At Shedd's Aquarium in Chicago on Anna's Birthday


Baba's birthday-we won't say which one
At Nana's playing dress up-girly girl

I really do want to keep this up and going but I have been so bad lately to keep it going! I hope people haven't give up on my blog altogether, although I wouldn't blame them. I use to look at blogs non stop when we were waiting for Anna and would get frustrated with people when they didn't keep up with their blogs and here I am doing just that. I have started a new job which I love. I'm the director of a daycare...one of the best in the area if I do say so myself. Anna is there with me and I love it. Time literally flies while I'm there and I wonder how I will ever get bored at this job which is a good thing because I don't like to get bored. Since I last blogged, we have had Scott's birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Our Anniversary, Anna's birthday and 4th of July....Whew that is a lot. We both had a wonderful Mother's Day and Father's Day. Scott got me a diamond wedding band (yay Scott) and I got him a watch. I'll have to say he did a little better on my gift then I did his. Anna got an above ground swimming pool for her birthday, which we are all enjoying in this incredible heat and humidity. We got a trip to Shriners in Chicago for our anniversary :). It went well except we go back in two weeks for tubes. Other than that, the doctors were pleased with her progress. Wonderful to hear. Other than that we are just settling in to life. God has blessed us richly. I can't thank Him enough nor do I want to for healing Anna. It is amazing to me how God does these amazing things in our life and for the moment we thank Him and praise Him and share His wonderful works with the world and then a little time goes by, life happens and we start to grumble about "what has God done for me lately" I don't want to get like this with what He has done for our family and for our precious Anna Banana. I pray the Lord won't let me forget his healing mercy. The next day I wait for with great anticipation is the day He heals my little girl's broken heart for eternity. The day she accepts our precious Lord Jesus as her savior. That is the healing I'm praying for now.

One other thing is we added to our family....through that of a furry little four legged friend who will hopefully one day answer to the name of Cooper. He is our 4th of July present. Scott didn't realize you get those but we did and so far we are enjoying him. Hopefully though, he'll learn really soon that outside is where you potty. So far no accidents inside other than his crate but he sure likes to take his sweet time outside sniffing EVERYTHING before he wants to even attempt to go. So enjoy the pictures. They are a little bit of everything we have gone through the last three months.

3 comments:

Jamie Ely said...

Congrats on the new job! I can't believe how big Anna is getting! I miss seeing y'all at church, just a few more weeks and we'll be back.

Brandi said...

Oh Shelley, that is so awesome!!! I am so glad that Anna will be with you!! What daycare are you working at? I am always seeing people wanting to know about daycares. I can refer them to you!!

Ashley said...

I love seeing all of your smiling faces! It never gets old and just melts my heart. I thank God so much for the wonderful miracles!! Anna truly is one. :)