Friday, October 29, 2010

Now that over 3 months have passed






So last post I talked about being better at blogging and now it has been over three months and I'm finally getting around to updating this thing. I really, really do want to keep going with it but then life happens and next thing you know three months have flown by. We have been having fun and staying busy. We just had a big fall festival at work/Anna's school. We had so much fun but am soooooo tired. Anna was a princess and she truly believes she is a princess....look out world.

We are praying through some pretty serious stuff right now. We are reading the book "Radical" by David Platt....highly recommend it but only if you want to really challenge what you say you believe. We just read the chapter about going out into all the world and telling them about the love of Jesus. In the book, he mentions that 1 billion people in the world have NEVER heard about Jesus. Have no clue who He is. Can you believe that? IF you are a believer does that not shake you to the core to think how we have failed in the Great Commission. David Platt also addresses the question he gets all the time that surely God will make an exception for those people....a loving God wouldn't send those people who have never heard about Jesus to hell but then David supports his argument with a ton of scripture that if this were the case the worst thing we could do is send missionaries around the world, because then they would have the opportunity to reject Jesus and for sure go to hell. Makes you think. We have gotten very comfortable in "our" faith and turn a blind spot to what God said to go into ALL the world and make disciples. My daughter came from the other side of the world. How many people are going to her side of the world and taking the hope of Jesus Christ? If we hadn't have been blessed to adopt Anna, if she had never been adopted and lived her life in a Chinese orphanage would she have ever been told about who Jesus is? If she didn't hear and never gave her life to Jesus, the bible is clear where she would spend eternity.....it shakes me to my core. What am I going to do to make a difference in my life? What have I done to make a difference in my life? When I stand before God what will I say when he ask me what I did to further His kingdom? He isn't going to ask me how big was my bank account, what kind of car I drove or what size house I lived in. Makes you think!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preach it!!!! Whoo Hoo!!

~Cassandra~

The Hill Family said...

Great book! Craig just finished it in his men's bible study and now they are reading thru "When Helping Hurts" (which HSBC encourages if you read "Radical") I have started Radical but go side tracked by Mary Beth Chapman's book (which I highly recommend). Anyways, all this to say, I totally agree! I believe God is working in mine and Craig's life about this. praying for you and Scott as you continue your journey. Can't wait to see you in a few days! love ya, LLH