Sunday, March 22, 2009

I know I've got to do better

Silly girl--she loves the camera, can you tell?
Seeing the fishies at the Bass Pro Shop
Giving Baba some love
Again hamming it up for the camera

Anna, Baba and her Great Grandmothers
Anna and Granny Colleen
Anna's first pony tail:)
Anna sporting Papa's hat
Too Cute for words
Anna's first snow. She liked it.

It just amazes me how the time flies now that Anna is home. I don't think the days have 24 hours in them anymore....more like 6. There just seems to be soo much to do and soo little time to do it in that by the time I actually get on the computer, I'm so worn out that I just quickly check my email and the bethany boards and then I'm in the bed or moving on to the next thing on my ever growing to do list.

Anna is doing much better with the sleep thing. We are slowly trying to get out of her bed and back into our own. At nap time, I lay down with her until she is asleep then I get up and get things done. At night I do the same thing and one of us goes in there when we are ready to go to sleep. Last night, I got up at 4:30 a.m. and went to my bed and we all slept till 8 a.m. everyone in their own bed :).

We go back to the pediatrician on Wednesday to see if Anna's ear infection has cleared up. If so the doctor thinks we can wait till we have her cleft surgery to have tubes put in but if not then we will probably go ahead and have that done here. We are trying to get the ball rolling with Shriners. Please pray that works out and they take Anna on as a patient and agree to do the surgery. It is our desire for me to stay home next year with Anna and help her adjust and bond. We don't think that is possible if we have surgery cost to pay. If Shriners agrees to take us then it is NO cost to us except travel. We feel God is leading us to Shriners so now we wait to see. We are hoping that we can have her surgery around the beginning of June. That will depend on Shriners and if they take Anna as a patient. Ok. I guess that is all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cannot tell you how precious that angel is!! I know she misses me! I mean it's been what.. almost 2 weeks since I came over to play with her.... I mean to visit Shelley and Scott! :) You are such an amazing mother! I'm ready for you to come back to school!

Love ya,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Anna is so stinking cute!!! She is always smiling! We miss you at work but know you are enjoying your time with that sweet baby!! Hope to see you and Anna very soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley,
Anna is so cute and so happy! I am praying for you and the Shriner's thing. I want you to know that I miss my buddy at lunch. May God continue to bless your family!
Robin