Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Routine.....Maybe??











So it seems like the days just fly by now. I have little time for much of anything other than taking care of my daughter, which I love. Let's see we have gone to the park numerous times. Anna seems to like it a lot. She is still learning about the playground equipment but she really loves the leaves :).

She is saying momma a whole lot and we think she has even said her name a couple of times. We got her a new bed because she absolutely hated her crib. She screamed her head off everytime we put her in it to the point she would make herself sick. So we got a double bed and are co-sleeping with her. I know you may not agree with that but we have talked to numerous professionals, other adoptive parents and prayed much about it and it is what our daughter needs at this point. She has gone through a whole lot of change and she needs some comfort and stability. Nighttime can be a scary time for toddlers especially ones who are taken from everything they know. We had no peace about letting her cry it out. We have done a lot of research and talked to professionals at the international adoption clinic and we will be able to transition her once she is able to understand, once she has the cognitive and language ability to understand that we are just in the next room. But for now this is what we are doing and she has been able to sleep through the night the last few nights and so have we. Plus it is GREAT for bonding and the more we can help her then the more I'm willing to do it.

So all that to say, she loves her new bed. She woke up the first morning so excited. I told her, "This is Anna's room" and she kept pointing to herself everytime I said "Anna". It was so cute. I was super proud that my genius daughter already knows her name and is trying to say it.

We went to our local pediatrician today. It went ok. Anna has an ear infection so we are giving her an anitbiotic. The doctor thinks that if we can keep her ears clean she can wait to have the tubes in when we have the surgery. We are hoping for late May or early June to have the surgery. So I guess that is all for now. Thank you for those who still follow this blog. I'll try to do better about updating. We are starting to get in a routine and that is so nice. I am able to get a little more done and soon I feel like I'll be able to really get organized and get everything done in a day that I want to get done......or at least 90%.

9 comments:

Just call me D said...

ummm.... no judgement here about the sleeping thing. sister, we are just doing what we all can the best way we know how!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures!! It looks like she really enjoys the park and is having loads of fun. No judgment on the bed (except that I love the color and design), remember you have to follow your heart on some things and do what you feel is best for your child. Y'all are doing GREAT!!
Love to all and extra kisses for Anna.
Mom and Dad (Grenny and Papaw)

MommaAsh said...

I'm not a fan of crying it out! I tried and after so long I just cant let my baby do it :) I'm a wuss who LOVES her boys! So dont listen to nay-sayers...mommas know best and if your gut tells you to co-sleep...then do it! There will come a day when you know and she will know it's ok to sleep alone! LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the bedding!! Too cute!! I hate I missed seeing Miss Anna when y'all made the trio to the school! Everyone was going on and on about how precious she is and how funny!! Girl, don't worry about what people say about sleeping in the bed with your child. You know what's best, you are her MAMA! Can't wait to see you and Anna soon! Kathy and I were going to come over this week, but we got the news Anna had an ear infection. I hope she is feeling better! Maybe soon we can come over and visit again!! Kiss Anna for me!

Jess Danielson said...

Anna is so cute and I love love her room!!!

Anonymous said...

what a privilege it has been to share in your joy! I have read your blogger journal many times & prayed for you each!! Just know that God is for you! Who can be against you? i too am in love with your sweet Anna!! love,
Denissa
Denissa@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

She is just too cute and it looks like you guys are having a blast. Girl on the sleeping thing I say do what works don't worry about everything else..you know what your baby needs your her momma!! I still can't wait to see you guys!! I am still following along....
Stacy Harrell

Anonymous said...

Hey! So glad to see new pictures up! You've done such a good job on her nursery...it's so cute!!

Samuel sleeps with us quite a bit and has since day one. He likes it, and always wakes up so happy. This is a time in your life that you'll never get back so do what you can to make it the best it can be. I know you're doing great, and I can't wait to meet your little ladybug!!

Love you lots!
Roomdog

Ashley said...

I also love her new bed...too cute! I am so happy she likes it. I definitely wouldn't have kept her in the crib, either if she was that scared of it. You are doing a great job!