Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring is here

Papa, Nana and Anna
My Sweet Bunny
Too Cute!!
"Yeah, What do you want?"
We love when Grandparents come!
Nana "dressing" Anna up
Can you say 'bed head" in a major way
Pushing the laundry basket is one of her favorite things
Working hard

Well we have been staying busy. Anna is just so full of life and we love her so much. This weekend we had the opportunity to speak to local waiting families. We think there were about 20 people there including some grandparents. The families were so friendly. I hope for their sake the wait speeds up and they are able to hold their precious little ones very soon. Once you get to hold your child the wait truly is worth it. Some of the families told me they follow the blog so if you are reading and we got the pleasure of meeting you Saturday.....hi and thanks for continuing to read. Mother and daddy better known as Nana and Papa were able to come. They mainly watched Anna for us while we spoke to the families. Anna did great. She was a little trooper charming everyone and anyone who would look her way. She is such a flirt.

We heard from UAB that Anna's immunizations look good. So that'll save her some shots and us some money :). That is always nice. We will probably be going back to our pedatrician sometime this week to finish up the immunizations and make sure her ear is doing ok. We went last week and the infection had cleared but she still had a lot of wax. As long as the ear is clear, our pediatrician thinks we can hold off on the tubes till palate surgery. We finally were able to get the ball rolling for that. We contacted a local Shriner and he is letting his local temple know. I guess we wait to see if they'll sponsor us and then we go from there. I'm hoping to hear really soon so we can send our application and hopefully nail some things down as far as that goes.

Life is good. I cannot complain. Anna is doing so good with the sleep thing. Friday night she slept the entire night by herself!!!!! Yeah Anna. Nap time she also sleeps by herself. And most nights we sleep in her room till about 1 a.m. and then go to our room and she sleeps till about 8 a.m. in her room. So we are making great progress. I guess that is all for now.

4 comments:

Janice said...

I LOVE the bunny ear pictures!! She's too cute for words!! I also love the "bed head" picture :) I can't wait to see her again!! We miss yall!!

Love,
Janice

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Thanks for continuing to post. Give hugs and kisses from us! CK

Ashley said...

How great that you were able to speak to families that are waiting. I know that meant a lot to them. Hearing from other adoptive parents is such an encouragement during the waiting process. I am thrilled God is allowing you this opportunity.

Love all the pics and how great that Nana and Papa were able to watch Anna while you could speak to these families. I am glad she is doing so well. :)

carrie waller said...

My goodness Shelly, she is so cute!! I love the bunny ears! I had such a good time visiting with y'all the other night! Anna is so precious and so sweet! She defiantly takes control of a crowd! Really...if you need a babysitter you know how to reach me!!....