Wednesday, July 8, 2009

5 Month Gotcha

She was supposed to be taking a nap, when I checked on her this is what I found

Chillin' out in her chair from Papa


Today we celebrated having Anna for 5 months. I cannot believe it has been 5 months. Time has flown by. Everyday she amazes me more and more. She is learning to sign a number of words which is helping her be able to communicate until her palate is fixed.

We went to Shriners a couple of weeks ago and they are going to do her surgery. They are supposed to call us this week with a date for surgery. I'm ready to know when it is so I can mentally start preparing for this new part of our journey with Anna. I know once she has the surgery her vocabulary is going to take off. She already tries so hard to talk most of which is not understandable but once she has a palate and can form some of the consonant sounds that she is incapable of doing now, she'll just soar.

Our neice Kathryn is here for a few days before Anna's party and she is such a big help with Anna. Anna really loves her and is having a blast with Kathryn. We all are. Happy 5 month Gotcha Anna Banana......We love you sooooo much.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

What a great family picture!! She is too cute. Don't y'all usually go to the chinese restaurant on Gotcha day? I don't see pics. :)

Parents of Anna Banana said...

We do we just forgot to take pics at the restaurant this time :)

Janice said...

I can't believe it's already been 5 months!! She's getting so big!! She is so adorable (and I love her hair in the pigtails on the 4th!!) Yall are such a cute family!!

Love, Janice