Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And we're off.....



I can't believe we are finally going to China. It has already been an adventure. We have ran around for the last four days (after having two and half years to prepare) almost nonstop. But we are about to have 22 hours of sitting around. Oh and for those of you counting (we have 13 1/2 hours from Detroit to Tokyo, not 12 like I thought) Woohoo an hour and half more on the plane(hope no one missed the sarcasm in that last sentence).

After much prayer, many tears, countless paperwork and a wait that seemed to never end, we are on our way to our sweet baby girl. I cannot believe it. Our next post will be from our daughter's homeland. I thought you might like to see the bags all packed. I don't know how we did it but I think we managed to pack the entire local Wal-mart and Babies R Us in our bags. :)

I cannot leave here without thanking each of you that have played such an important part in our adoption. You have loved us, encouraged us, prayed for us, listened to us complain about the wait and been there for us so many times in so many ways.

Over 2 1/2 years ago, God put a dream in our hearts. That we would travel half way around the world, to a land we never dreamed we would visit to pick up the most precious gift....our daughter. And now that dream is finally coming true:

Habakkuk 2:2-3 (Contemporary English Version)

"2Then the LORD told me:"I will give you my message in the form of a vision. Write it clearly enough to be read at a glance. 3At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the future. It may take a long time, but keep on waiting--it will happen!"

God showed that verse to us and WOW how true it is. God is good. I cannot end without thanking our Heavenly Father who has truly been by our side through every step, every tear, every disappointment, every delay and every joy. GOD IS GOOD.

Love,

Scott and Shelley......and soon little Miss Anna

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Congrats on that little doll of yours. I'm an MCAFer and returned home to Miss. in September of last year w/my little 7 y/o. What a blessing. We can't wait to get to meet you and your darling family. Have a blast in China. It's the trip of a lifetime. Hug your little sweetie for all of us Southern Belles. We'll teach her how to REALLY talk English. HA!!
Best,
Vicki
http://www.waiting4emily.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and excited for you! It's such an adventure and a life changing moment. Enjoy everthing and don't wish for it to go too fast! I can't wait to see your journey and you finally holding your daughter!!!

Liz Freeby
Bethany board friend

Melissa said...

I am so excited for you! I'll be praying for you on your journey to get Anna. I am excited to be able to follow your journey.

Anonymous said...

when you read this you will be almost to our Anna. Thinking of you constantly and praying for you without ceasing!

Love and prayers,
Anna's Nana

Brandi said...

I am so excited for y'all. I really admire what you are doing most of all for being obedient to what God told y'all to do. I know 2 1/2 years has been a long wait, but God will continue to bless you tremendously for your obedience. I will continue to pray for y'all. I prayed for you this morning just like I said I would, except it was 8:00 instead of 6:00 :).

Love ya,
Brandi