Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We are home











We have been home for about five days now and things are going well. The first night was rough. Anna was so mixed up on her days and nights. She finally zonked out about 4 a.m. and I did shortly after. Friday night she did better. Saturday night was rough as well. She didn't go to sleep until about 2:15 a.m. Sunday was a little better and for the great news. Last night she slept through the entire night :) :) :)!!!!!!!!!!!! We put her down about 8:45 and she cried for about 30 seconds and fell asleep. She didn't wake up until 9:00 a.m. this morning. We all got a good night's sleep last night and it felt wonderful!!

We are trying to get into a schedule. The last two days we have put her down early for a nap, which I think is helping her sleep at night. We'll see. I really think that she'll be well adjusted within the next week. I can't believe how fast the days go. You know when you babysit, after a few hours you are like "Where are the parents?" but with Anna it is like "Wow it is already time for a nap or "Wow, it is time for her to go to sleep" The days are just flying. I can't believe how short the days are now. When we were waiting to go get her the days seemed soooo long and now that she is here, wow they fly.

She is incredible and we are in love. She is a happy baby that never stops unless she is asleep. We had a great homecoming at the airport. We had so many friends and family come to the airport. My father-in-law counted and said he counted around 80 people at the airport. We couldn't believe how many people showed up and showed their love. It was so wonderful to get off the plane and see our friends and family. SO thank you very much for all of you who came to the airport to welcome us home. You are all the greatest.

Much love,
Scott, Shelley and Anna Banana

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am so glad yall got some sleep (all of you!) Things will be normal soon!

Love you,
Cassandra

MommaAsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MommaAsh said...

:) I am so happy for you yet SOOO jealous! My boys have been waking up about 3ish for some odd reason...I cant wait for our first play date!!! I am so happy for yall!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, for sleep! What's that like?! ;-) So glad to see pictures and to know that y'all are adjusting. I'll keep prayin!

Love you lots!
Roomdog

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going so good! I was going to send you an email today just to check up on her and the proud parents! I can't wait to see her again! Miss yall!

Love,
Janice

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear everything has been going so well. I wanted to come to the airport but was not able to. I would love to come and see you and Anna....I will email you and maybe we can get together.
Stacy Harrell

Brandi said...

I am so happy for y'all!! I know those first few nights had to be hard not getting any sleep. Now you see the light at the end of the tunnel! Yay for sleep!!

Susan Dickinson said...

i hope you bring her to school one day!