Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Goodbye China, Hello America











Well this is my last post from China. I have to say today I was emotional. I really love China. The people, the culture, and the shopping :). It is truly bittersweet to say goodbye to our daughter's homeland. Like I said before, before we left I didn't know what to expect. But I have to say now going through this journey, it has forever changed me in more than just the obvious way.

God brought back to my mind a couple of months ago a memory of when I was just a little girl. I was in G.A.'s (Girl's in Action) a mission program for girls. We had a missionary come talk to us about Lottie Moon and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. For anyone unfamiliar Lottie Moon was an American who came to China as a missionary. Anyway. I remember after the missionary talked to our class, we prayed about how God might use us. I vividly remember praying, "God I will do anything for you, just don't send me to China" "I don't want to go to China because I will miss all my family". Little did I know then that God would send me to China to get my family. Isn't that awesome how God works.

We have truly loved our time here more than we can ever truly say. God has been good to us. We have the sweetest, happiest, most beautiful daughter. We truly are not deserving of the blessing He has given us but we praise Him for His wonderful mercy, love and favor. To end, God showed me a verse in the middle of waiting for this adoption to happen that has now come true. It is Psalm 113:9 (New Living Translation)
9 He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother.
Praise the Lord!

Love to you all from China. See you soon in the good Ole USA

15 comments:

Brandi said...

Yea!!! Can't wait!!! :)

Anonymous said...

We are really going to miss these updates and pictures every day, but we would rather have you at home. See you real soon.
Love to all-
Mom and Dad (Grenny and Papaw)

Anonymous said...

I know yall are kind of sad to leave China, but let me tell you, we are dying for yall to get back to good ol' Mississippi!! We can't wait to see yall and meet sweet Anna!! See you TOMORROW!!

MommaAsh said...

Your posts ALWAYS give me chills! :) I cant wait to see yall tomorrow! ANd I will have Anna's "Made in China...Blessed in the US" shirt on hand!

I ♥yall!

Heather said...

Oh, how I have enjoyed following your journey and completely understand your feelings about China...what a beautiful country with lovely, lovely people!

The travel home is not easy and the adjustment might be hard (jet lag on the return is hard), howevetr know that God WILL see you through it also!

Have fun introducing your smiley, lovebug to her new family who is likely counting the minutes until your return!

Heather

Ashley said...

God does work in mysterious ways! How awesome is that??

Love the bib that says, "I was worth the wait"...just precious!

I can't look at the pictures and read your posts without crying. Anna was certainly worth the wait.

Can't wait for you to come home tomorrow!!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH...YOU COMING HOME!!!!!!

Nana and Papa

Anonymous said...

YEAH, YOU'RE COMING HOME!!!!

Nana and Papa
(Gotta have that correct for my favorite teacher!)

The Hatch Family said...

Shelley, I've really enjoyed reading all of these posts, (despite the numerous times you caused tears to stream down my face :). Thank you for sharing this amazing journey. Anna looks absolutely precious, and it's so obvious that God has formed such a perfect family. :) I so wish I could be there when y'all walk off that plane tomorrow, but know that I'll be thinking of you all. Love you!
-Lisa

The Hill Family said...

wish I could be there to welcome you home tomorrow. I will be there in my heart. Can't wait til you come to Bham. Love ya, LLH

Anonymous said...

CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Anonymous said...

And, Yes, that is Braysen's Anna! He asked me that again this morning!
CANNOT WAIT!!!

The Phillips

Anonymous said...

Mountain Of God by Third Day:
Thought that I was all alone
Broken and afraid
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

And I didn’t even know
That I had lost my way
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

‘Til You opened up my eyes
I never knew
That I couldn’t ever make it
Without You

Even though the journey’s long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who’s gone before me
He will help me carry on
After all that I’ve been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God

As I travel on the road
That You have lead me down
You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
That You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me

I confess from time to time
I lose my way
But You are always there
To bring me back again

Sometimes I think of where it is I’ve come from
And the things I’ve left behind
But of all I’ve had, what I possessed
Nothing can quite compare
With what’s in front of me
With what’s in front of me


~Cassandra~

Anonymous said...

Reading this reminds me of when we were summer missionaries, and we talked about how we'd "never come back to this forsaken place" and it was just TEXAS! Funny how we BOTH ended up here. ;-) I'm so glad we did, and I'm so glad that I got to watch you through this experience and be encouraged by your growing faith. What a blessing it is to know how God has sustained you and you've allowed Him to be your Everything as you waited. I love you and can't wait to meet your baby girl! Praying for a peaceful trip home.

Roomdog

MommaAsh said...

YEA!!!! Today is the day!!!! Cant wait to see yall and officially meet Anna!!! :)