Monday, February 16, 2009

She passed











Today we had medicals done in the morning. Anna passed with flying colors. She however didn't like it at all!!! She did okay when they weighed her and measured her. She is now 22 lbs. And she did okay when they checked her hearing and eye sight but she screamed her head off when they tried to listen to her heart. I think she was scared and didn't know what was going on. It was hot in there and tons of people too which didn't help. We then went to a local pearl market. It was about a 30 minute walk and we got off the island and into the city of Guangzhou. It was VERY VERY interesting. We got some great pictures. It was true China. Poverty mixed with upcoming development. One minute you were looking at buildings that looked 100 years old and then you had skyscrapers. The pearl market was incredible. More pearls than I had ever seen in my entire life. We went to one store that has the best quality and the guy didn't want to bargain at all. You are suppose to offer less than what they tell you. You are suppose to start at like 1/3 of what they say (which it is already very cheap) but it is sort of an insult if you give them the price they first quote you. Well the guy in the pearl shop didn't want to bargain at first but we finally talked him down. It was interesting. We went to a Thai restuarant for dinner. Last night we went to a local Chinese restuarant. Both of them were good but I enjoyed last night better. So I can say we both have tried some Chinese food and what we have tried has been really good. We have a free day tomorrow. So Anna and I are going shopping and giving baba some down time.

7 comments:

Just call me D said...

hi shelley!
just found your blog- i'm so excited for y'all about anna. i'd heard that you were adopting, and i'm very glad to hear that it's all falling in to place. God Bless y'all!!

Brandi said...

I am so glad y'all are having a great time! My girls have that red and white striped dress. It was their Valentine's outfit. I put white leggings under neath. Too cute!! :) I still can't believe what a happy baby Anna is. Well, yes I can...God is so good!!! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how fun. I would love to visit the pearl market. Congrats on the medical. We can't wait to meet our precious Anna. Three more days! Love, CK

Anonymous said...

Hi, guys! She looks so comfortable with y'all! What a joy! I've enjoyed seeing the pics and reading about your days. Can't wait to meet your new daughter!!! Give yourself a break about the gas/burp issues. You will learn her cues soon!!!
Love to you all!!!
Beth Taylor

MommaAsh said...

I love the pic of you and Anna! SOOOO sweet and cute!

Anonymous said...

THREE MORE DAYS!!!!!!

Love you,
Cassandra

Anonymous said...

As usual these pictures were great!
Love the one of Shelley and Anna laughing,so very precious. Just three more days!!!
Love to all of you--
Mom and Dad (Grenny and Papaw)