Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Visa appointment done












Today Shiyan took our information to the US Consulate for them to begin working on issuing Anna's visa. She said that if we didn't get a phone call before 12 p.m. than everything was ok. We didn't get a phone call so everything is okay. We go tomorrow afternoon to pick up her visa and do the swearing in ceremony. Then we are officially done!!!!!!! Our trip is very near the end and I have to say it has been the quickest two weeks and the longest two weeks of our life. We have truly enjoyed our time here. We have seen some interesting sites, met some wonderful people and gone through one of the most life changing events half way around the world. God has shown us some wonderful things in our time here. We have met some great friends that we will miss. I have to say as I'm starting to pack up for the final time there is a big part of me that is sad. Don't get me wrong, I'm very ready to come home. But I will miss China dearly. I didn't really know what to expect before we came but now that our time is drawing to a close, I can truly say part of my heart will always be in China, as will Scott's. God has already started to plant some seeds that we will spend the next year or two praying about. God has truly, truly blessed us. We cannot believe how wonderful of a daughter He has given us. She has been such a happy baby. When I look at her, I don't know how to explain it but when she smiles and laughs, my heart truly does a somersault. All the waiting, all the tears, all the wondering if this adoption would ever happen was TRULY WORTH IT. To finally see the harvest of this journey is more than amazing. What an awesome God we serve. I cannot praise Him enough for what He has done here in China. HE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!
CK

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all have had an amazing time. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Mustang Dude said...

Well I am back and caught up on the trip. Amy has been telling me about it, but it is nice to see the pictures. Ya'll are in our prayers. I have to go back to Louisiana tomorrow but should be back and will try to come to the airport. You all have a safe trip. The mountains in Alaska will look even better this time. Trust me. And you guys have more to be happy about than I did seeing them.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful God we have! My heart is so full. I cannot wait to see you three in really just a matter of hours now!

Love and prayers,
Anna's Nana

Anonymous said...

Scott & Shelley:
I teared up at this one today! IT IS SO WORTH IT!!! Our God is SO BIG!! He loves us so much that He does things for us that we could never imagine!! I am so ready to see you guys! Braysen is too! We passed the airport yesterday, and he said, "Go see Anna?" I told him 3 more days. (of course, this was yesterday).. Now it's only 2!!! Anna Meili truly is a gift from our Gracious and Wonderful Savior!!
I love you guys! (I can't wait to get Anna all to myself!!!)
Cassandra
ps - Pray for David this week, if you don't mind.

Michelle & Mike said...

Praise the Lord! He is good! So happy for you and have really enjoyed hearing and watching your blog.

Hope to be there soon, too.
Michelle
waiting4myhannah

Anonymous said...

Shelley, I told your Mother that i had a feeling that you and Scott would go back to China some day for another child. I feel that God has Blessed in a way that you could not have expected and will be blessing you again some day not so far off.
Love you, Daddy (Anna's Papa)

Anonymous said...

Shelly, Thanks for sharing faithfully on your blog. Hearing how God has blessed your family in this endeavor, has also richly blessed me. Can't wait to meet Anna.

Anonymous said...

What an experience this last year has been. God has blessed in so many ways, His presence and love for us is so very evident in the events of our lives, the strength He gives, the patience,the ability to endure with His grace and dignity. What a blessing this whole experience has been, a leap of faith and we know God is faithful to the end. Scott, Granddaddy would be so very happy for you and Shelley. He was so excited about your trip and the things that you would experience. He would be very pleased with the pictures you have taken, but most of all he would have been so overjoyed with Anna.
It won't be long now. We love you all--
Mom and Dad (Grenny and Papaw)

Anonymous said...

Ok I guess you know that I needed this post today. You can remind me while we are in this wait that it will ALL be worth it in the end. You have such a sweet baby...can't wait to see you guys when you get home!!
Stacy Harrell

Brandi said...

I am so happy for y'all. I have really enjoyed reading your blog every day. Now when you get home you can change it to Our Journey With Anna Banana!!!! Praise God!

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Almost home. It will be good to have y'all back home with Anna.
Jo

carey said...

Chill bumps, girl, chill bumps! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

I am really going to miss these updates! It has been such a joy and honor to follow your days there, but mostly to pray for you up to this point. I so wish I could be there when y'all get home, but we'll see you soon! Love you, girl!

Roomdog

Anonymous said...

Scott and Shelley,
God definitely chose the perfect parents for Anna. I know she is a special little girl and I'll see that for myself soon. But today I'm really impressed with her parents--the depth of your love and commitment to her.
Reminds me of God's unconditional love for us.
Hurry home!
Peggy

Ashley said...

I know how you are feeling leaving because a piece of my heart is still in Ukraine. Of course, I had to leave Grisha last time and next time he will be coming home with me! But, even though I needed to come home, it was so hard leaving and adjusting back to my way of life here. I can't wait to go back and if I could go tomorrow, I would be on the next plane out. Praying for you and for what God has in store. :) HE IS SO GOOD!!!!