Friday, February 13, 2009

Love, love, love it


























Happy Valentine's Day!!!




Ok so we are in Guangzhou. We love it here!!!!!! The people are so friendly, great shopping and wonderful food. It has some beautiful buildings. I think the French may have developed a lot of this area. The buildings are much more European than anywhere else we have been.





So Anna did wonderful on the flight. She didn't cry at all. It went great. We got to the hotel about 9:30 p.m. and she zonked out on the ride from the airport to the hotel. We saw Denise and Michelle right away (Bethany families) and that was really nice to see a familiar face. As soon as we drove on the island, I knew I would love it. So we got settled in our room and as soon as we walked in the air conditioning hit us. It was wonderful. I got Anna changed and settled and sent Scott off with the task to find food. Well about 30 minutes later, he comes back with what can only be described as manna from heaven- an American cheeseburger and french fries.





We slept well last night. We were full and we were cool. What more could you ask for. We had a wonderful breakfast this morning and met some other adoptive families. We then went walking around a little bit and did some shopping :). We had two people come up to us and ask if they could practice their English on us. One girl walked around the whole time, talking to me. I understood about half of what she was saying but she was sweet. Anna soaked it all up. We then found the playroom here at the hotel. She ABSOULTELY LOVED IT. She didn't want to leave. And Nana or Grenny there is something Anna loves that she doesn't have yet---Leggos.





We feel like we are in heaven here. We truly will enjoy every minute we have here. The people are very friendly, the rooms are nice and cool and there is great food. Enjoy the pictures.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Roomdog! Looks like you're having a blast! I love her panda bib! You're killing me with all the talk about American food and being hot. I was having MA flashbacks! ;-)
Love you lots~
T

carey said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I never knew any of your story until I saw your blog on Danielle's site. I added you to my list immediately. I am so excited for you and eager for updates that are soon to come. God is so faithful! What a miraculous blessing that has been brought into your lives. OOOOH I can't wait to meet little Anna Banana - a little playmate for Kendall! Too many boys have been born around here lately:) Keep the posts coming!!

chall5031 said...

We LOVED Guangzhou and I'm sure you will too. It sure looks like the playroom has been restocked since we were there! We still frequented it often even though there weren't many toys at the time. Have fun shopping. One of our travel mates called Guangzhou "Beverly Hills", I must agree. Have a great time.

Colleen Hall (Bethany Boards)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Can't wait until Thursday. Everything fine at your house.we are headed home.
love
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

GOD knew that this was the perfect child for you two. Shelley-don't you think the wait was worth it all. There is such Joy on your,Scott's and Anna's faces.
Truly next Thursday will be a wonderful day for everyone.
We Love You All.
Love, Daddy and Mother

Anonymous said...

I love the Panda bib!! What a great Valentine's gift to be with your daughter...I am reading every day..keep the post coming!! I am glad you guys are doing so well.
Stacy Harrell

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! to a proud mama and daddy. Glad you're having fun in Ghangzou. I am having so much fun keeping up with each leg of your trip! Love, Mandy